Thursday, July 26, 2012

Upcycled card

Hello blogger friends!
Kristie sharing today.
Today I have a card to show you that was very simple to make.
I used "Just a Note" (#6405)
from Eureka! Stamps for this card.
I was playing around with papers trying to match up some colors and patterns, which I sometimes have a tough time doing.
My friend, Marie, had just opened a package of paper that she bought and gave me the "cover sheet"
You know the one, it shows little swatches of the papers inside.
Now I didn't have to hem and haw over what would match,
the work was done for me and I was upcycling too.
I punched squares out of the different patterns with a punch,
arranged and adhered them to a piece of paper from my stash.
I then ran it through the Cuttlebug in an embossing folder.
I love how it looks with the embossed flowers on the patterned paper!
This I adhered to a white cardstock base.
I used the "Just a Note" stamp on another scrap and trimmed it down.
Blue and pink embroidery floss were wrapped around it and tied into a bow then it was adhered to the card.
What an easy note card! And I think it's quite lovely.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you've gotten some inspiration.
Leave a comment if you will and come again soon.

I'd love to have you stop by my blog
and see what else I've been working on lately.

3 comments:

  1. Kristie- What a Stunning Card! I love that you upcycled it!! Great choice of colors & love the design! Just Fantastic!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, I love it. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete